Champagne Facts from the Blondes:
- Champagne is a type of sparkling wine which is only grown in the French region of Champagne. America has its own version of Champagne as well, because of a loophole in the patent. However, American brands must mention the region they were produced in, on the bottle label.
- There are 49 million bubbles in a regular bottle of Champagne. Large bubbles are considered extremely unsightly and are not the mark of good quality Champagne. The tinier the bubble the better. (So size DOES matter!)
- Marilyn Monroe (the most amazing blonde) once filled up her tub with 350 bottles of Champagne and took a long, luxurious bath in it. It was said that she drank and breathed Champagne as if it were oxygen.
- A Nebuchadnezzar represents the largest quantity of a Champagne serving. One Nebuchadnezzar is equal to 20 bottles! A Magnum is equal to only two bottles while a Split equals one-forth of a bottle.
- Champagnes are synonymous with toasts, and a beautiful lady was acknowledged by everyone toasting to her and clanging their glasses. This is why she was known as the toast of the town, in the 1800s. (She was probably a Blonde!)